Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

Retreat and Recharge

I left Raleigh yesterday and drove to Bakersville, NC to spend the evening with my good friend and fabulous potter Joy Tanner. We stopped by Will Baker's for a visit too, and then headed up to Roan Mountain for a quick, and freezing walk among the rhododendrons. Joy and Will are two of the most wonderful people I know. If you don't know them, or their work, you should stop everything and absolutely check them out! Every detail on their pots is carefully thought out, and they have mastered soda and wood firing so the results are always absolutely stunning!

The rest of today was spent calmly walking around downtown Asheville,NC. I feel so recharged!! Between swapping stories, sharing advice, and laughing last night with a fellow artist and all the wonderful galleries and shops I visited today, I have so many ideas to take back with me to the studio! It feels great! Thank you Joy and Will! Thank you Asheville!

No comments: