Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lowfire Crawl Glaze - Cone 04

This has been one of my favorite tried and true crawl glazes for years! Thought I'd share it with you today.

Crawl Glaze
46.5 Gerstley Borate
31 Magnesuim Carbonate
18.6 EPK
3.9 Borax
5.5 Zircopax
____

105.5

For color add...
+1 Red Iron Oxide (beige/pale yellow)
+5 Copper Carbonate (dark turquoise/jade)

+1 Copper Carbonate (light turquoise/jade)

NOTES: Crawls best when applied thick.

For more cone 04 lowfire glaze recipes check here.

Happy Glazing!

Meagan

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the recipe - I LOVE these glazes but I think we fire at a higher cone than 4... I sent a copy of the recipe to our instructor -- hopefully she'll be able to guide me further! :) -

love your blog!

Meagan Chaney Gumpert said...

Thank you so much Kyle! Good luck with the glaze! If you're able to use it, I'd love to know how it works for you.

Slip trailing and stippling tomorrow...