Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home from NCECA

Returned home Sunday morning from a busy NCECA (National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts). It was my first time attending, and I must admit, I was pretty overwhelmed at first. There were so many talks, lectures, discussions, exhibits (over 90 in the Philadelphia area!) people, new tools, fancy equipment, schools, residencies... It was hard to do and see it all. But I had an excellent trip, and left feeling inspired (though a bit exhausted)!

I'm still process and digesting most of the things I saw and info I learned. But I did want to post a few pictures from my trip. Why is it that I never seem to end up taking as many pictures as I think I will? But here they are. I think I just stopped carrying my camera after our first day...

Earth Matters, The NCECA invitational at Moore College of Art and Design.


National Student Juried Exhibition at the University of the Arts' Rosenwald Wolf Gallery
La Mesa - Santa Fe ClayWork by Gwendolyn Yoppolo at La Mesa
My traveling buddies - Nigel and Cheyenne Rudolph. I didn't get any pictures from Off the Wheel (the show Cheyenne curated and was a part of), but it was a great exhibit and they have pics posted at Rudolph Clay Studios.

I added two pieces of pottery to our collection too. A plate by Emily Schroeder. (I bought a cup of hers at Arrowmont Utilitarian Clay Conference in 2004 and it continues to be one of my favorite.) And a plate by Meredith Host from Flotsam +Jetsam. Here's a gallery shot of Flotsam+Jetsam. The work on the right is Rain Harris. Meredith's work on the left and on the back wall.
We also went by The Clay Studio saw some beautiful work and talked to current residents.

That's it. My quick photo tour is complete. It's off to the studio for me. Hope you're enjoying Spring. I came home to beautiful Florida weather and a yard full of azaleas.

Cheers!
Meagan

1 comment:

ang design said...

how cool glad you had a great time, the shows look brilliant..