Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ben Chaney - Concept Artist

Let me just take a minute here and brag about my little brother - the awesome concept artist. Yep! That's a self-portrait he did of himself as a pirate. He has a sense of humor and amazing talent.
Here's what he has to say...

"I started like so many others in this field did, growing up on three main activities: watching TV, playing video games, and drawing. Fortune blessed me with parents that tolerated the first two, and relentlessly encouraged the last one. They even went so far as to send me to the Savannah College of Art and Design for a degree in Sequential Art.
I graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2006 and then gradually made my way into the game industry, starting in Game Testing. Being a North Carolina resident at the time, I had many amazing companies to strive for nearby. My experiences at Redstorm Entertainment and Epic Games were unforgettable and invaluable, demystifying the seemingly magical process of game development. Gone forever were the illusions of "tightening up the graphics". I currently work as a Game Artist at Schell Games in Pittsburgh, PA, creating anything from concept illustrations of characters to volumes of user interface designs and assets. In such a flexible company, I've had to adapt to new challenges and adopt new skill sets on every project. It has been and continues to be an incredible experience!" -Ben Chaney

Here are a few images from his portfolio. (Yes, I am one very proud Big Sister!)

Environments - Characters -
Textures -
Personal Work -

Holy Smokes! His work blows my mind!

It's true. We were blessed with parents that completely supported our artistic pursuits. And we both know how luck we are because of this. (Thanks Mom and Dad!)

Ben loves his current job, but is looking to move away from the icebox of a place he's been calling home (aka Pittsburgh, PA). He's hoping to settle in with a great company somewhere warm; possibly even in North Carolina and closer to family.

So, if you or someone you know is looking for a creative, dedicated concept artist, look no further. Ben's your man.

You can check out more of Ben's work at http://chaneyfolio.blogspot.com/
Or shoot him an email: benjaminachaney@gmail.com

Cheers!
Meagan (aka Big Sis)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really cool! I can see why you are so proud! I always love hearing about artists using their talents in unique ways!