Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Reasons

[New Tile Plaques I finished up last night]

Hope you're having a great Tuesday afternoon. It's been a typical rainy afternoon here in Central Florida. Keeps our plants nice and green, but man does it make it humid!

So, I tend to believe that all things happen for a reason. Sometimes it just takes a while to realize those reasons.

Since discovering last Thursday that we had to have our brand new water heater replaced because a defective one had been installed, I've been trying to figure out the reason behind all these issues that kept me from moving in the studio over the weekend.

So, here's the best I've been able to come up with so far... I've actually been able to fire the kiln twice this week with work I've needed to finish up for awhile. One glaze load that had a couple custom orders in it, and I've got a glass firing going now with another batch of pendants. And I was able to ship those orders off today. I always have such a sense of accomplishment when I'm driving back home after a FedEx drop off. All of this would have been delayed for weeks had I started moving and unpacking. Now I'll be able to relish every minute of new studio organization instead of having other "To Dos" on my list.

Speaking of which, the plumber just arrived with the new water heater. Yay! Gotta go!

~Meagan

No comments: