Ever have one of those days where things just don't seem to be going in your favor? Even things you've done 1,000 times before with ease and success just don't work out?
It's been like that for me these last couple days. It started first thing yesterday morning... I went out to the studio to put a coat of polyurethane on the steel and wood pieces for my tile plaques so that they would be ready for the 2nd coat by the time I got back from the gym/errands. It was about 7:15am and just as I was feel great about being so efficient, I somehow managed to knock the can of polyurethane over - spilling 1/2 of it all over me and creating a giant puddle on the floor. It was such a huge sticky mess! Ugh!
The setbacks continued today - again with my tile plaques. After all the polyurethane dried, I glued the steel and wood together, and then (after that was dry) glued the tiles to the steel. (Just like I always do.) While I was gluing the plaques together, I ran out of one tube of silicone and had to switch to a new one. Well, for whatever reason, none of the plaques I glued with the 2nd tube dried last night! I only had about 15 completely finished, and the other 60 or so will have to be redone! Again, a sticky mess! Ugh.
Here's a picture of the Tile Plaques awaiting scraping and then re-gluing. Fun. Fun. I did manage to get the few finished ones shipped out to Curve Studios to help restock my inventory there.
Hope your day is going smoothly,