Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quick Update - First Glaze firing of 2009

After a marathon 10 hour day in the studio, I finished glazing enough work to fill and fire the kiln. It wasn't a tight load, but full nonetheless.

I decided that I only wanted to glaze about 1/3 of the bisqued work I just unloaded so that I could really see my new glazes in action. This way if I end up hating a glaze/glaze combination I won't have ruined all the work I just spent the last 2 weeks making. Or if I find that a certain glaze is working great, I can apply that more often. (And of course I couldn't resist the urge to sneak in a few more glaze test tiles.)


[Ware Cart full of bisqued ceramics awaiting glaze application. ]

Well, that's it for tonight. I'm pretty exhausted, so it's time to go relax before heading off to bed.

Stay tuned for photos of today's firing results!
Meagan
.

No comments: