Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Blogs, Clay and Community

It's been a while since I've posted! I think I've been less motivated to post since I don't have a camera and cant share pictures.

But that doesn't mean that I haven't been following your wonderful blog entries and photographs. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about everyone's experience at Arrowmont's Utilitarian Clay V Conference. It brought back fond memories of my artist residency there in 2004 for UC IV. My primary medium then was glass, but remember being wowed by all off the fabulous potters I met and ceramic works I saw.

Lately, I've been thinking about my work and how my focus continues to shift more and more toward clay. Sometimes, I'm startled by this evolution and then I try to resolve how I got here. Maybe being around all those influential "clay people" in 2004 had something to do with it. :)

More later. I seem to be having trouble organizing my thoughts this morning. Maybe I just need to let the ideas marinate a little longer.

Happy Autumn to you,
Meagan

.

No comments: